Recent Upgrades2007-06-26: Final set of upgrades...
- Updated the Widget Editor, Colour Scheme Editor, Layout Editor, Entry Administration, Simple Layout Editor, Style Editor, Custom Icon Editor pages
- Added close/open entry to new comments in Entry Administration
- Added "Toggle Editor" button on Edit Entry and Edit Page pages, to make it easier to add HTML to entries
- Added the option to disable all automatic login keys across all computers
- The WYSIWYG Editor can now accept Flash objects
- Added option in Your Options to receive e-mails when people befriend you
- Rewrote the Signup, Password Reset and Change E-mail e-mails to pretty HTML
- Fixed: ?enableEdit disabling CSS on Your Journal
- Fixed: "Refresh view" link on Style Editor pages
- Fixed: Selecting the "random" option on Custom Icon Editor didn't actually work
- Added a testing framework to ensure the accuracy of the Journals
- Removed the anonymous icon as a potential user icon
- Rewrote the Your Profile, Edit Page, Your Options, Journal Admin, Your Friends, Image Editor pages
- You can now change the location of a page in Edit Page
- Improved the last.fm/Edit Entry integration script
- Added links to social networking sites in your FOAF file
- Fixed: Changing Your Profile resets your user icon
- Fixed: WYSIWYG Editor in the Edit Entry page on Internet Explorer
- Fixed: Automatic Login (hopefully)
- Fixed: Setting a page to the home page position wouldn't actually display it on Your Home Page
- Entries will now stop automatically accepting new thoughts after a certain period of time (defined in Your Options)
- Usernames must now be less than 24 characters
- Passwords can now be of any length, and can contain any characters
- Rewrote automatic login implementation to be more secure; old autologins will no longer work
- Removed the "style" option from pages; the style is now the ID of the page
- Removed Counters implementation; will have to be rewritten in the future
- Improved the security of passwords stored in the database
- Images can now be uploaded directly from the Insert Image link, instead of always through the Image Editor
- Added community-provided Colour Schemes and Navigation Bar Colours to the Wiki; rewrote most of the existing colour schemes, more should be added in the future
- Added some social networking sites to Your Profile
- Started work on implementing a new website style, with pretty dialog boxes
- Rewrote the Signup, Login and New Entry pages
- All new Journals now start off with Relaxed Style as the default
- Made new URLs: /users/server/, /users/server/profile, /users/server/rss, /users/server/entry/1234, etc
- Added a basic Entry Archive feature
- Rewrote pages implementation on Your Journal
- Added basic Tagging ability; some existing templates may need modification to display them in your entries
- Added a WYSIWYG Editor for writing entries and pages
2007-05-19: Added a new journal layout style, Relaxed Style. This layout can be edited in the colour editor as well.
2007-04-11: Profile pages now have hCard/hEvent microformat information included.
2007-03-19: A few minor updates...
- Spam entries and users will now be deleted once found; email email@example.com
- You can now finally have your journal permanently deleted; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag boards now display captcha images to anonymous users
- Tag boards now have a link to delete one page of messages with one click
- Thoughts now display captcha images to anonymous users
- Removed or heavily softened most of the thought limits
- Signups now require use of captchas
- All wikis are now read-only by anonymous users; to edit, you will need to sign up and login
- Added RSS feed for all recent entries: http://journals.jevon.org/rss_entries.php
- Fixed the friends list box to no longer say "add x as your friend" when they were already your friend
- Added multiple entry delete on the Entry Administration page
- Added the new Simple Layout Editor, which will hopefully allow easier modification of journal layouts! For an example of what the new default layout looks like, see simple_exa…. To enable this, you need to enable simple layouts in the Simple Layout Editor.
- Added Blogger API support. You can now post to the Journals using software such as Flickr!
2006-01-05: Improved the server-side speed of the Journals by over 75% . Added some more images for the Custom Icon Editor.
2006-01-02: Happy new year! Many small changes:
- Have fixed various bugs with the music wiki
- Added the option in Your Options to change where you go, when you login
- By default now, you will now go to Your Home Page when you login
- Fixed the home page page (thanks thewickerman!)
- New signups will now automatically choose a random user icon, instead of the default blue one
- All journals now by default have a friends list box
- Added Chinese Star Sign to Your Profile
- You can now generate custom user icons using the Custom Icon Editor
- Other small fixes
2005-10-04: Added support for the FOAF Widget, and also added many more fields to Your Profile. They are all optional - any ideas for more? Fixed the bug where the Page Editor would ask for confirmation for saving a page.
2005-10-03: Added Top Lyrics to the site, various bug fixes
2005-09-23, 2005-10-03: Many upgrades to the Music Wiki:
- Added much more complicated templates (such as the Select Template)
- Changed all lyrics to use a new Lyrics Template. Lyrics now display album synopses on lyrics pages
- Added categories Category: Song, Category: Album, Category: Artist
- Categories now go to the bottom of the page, and are displayed in a nifty box
- Category: and User: pages are now editable
- Anonymous Users can now edit pages too (unless they are Category: Protected)
- When writing a page, you can use ~~~ or ~~~~ for adding a Signature (e.g. -- jevon 21:20, 2 October 2005)
- Pages no longer have casing restrictions
- Added the Add Lyrics tutorial page
Old Messages2005-08-20: Journals Update 2005-08-20 publicised.
2005-08-19: Added Spell Checking for writing entries - uses the Google spellchecking engine.
2005-08-19: When editing an entry or page, a confirmation box will now pop up if you try to leave the page without saving it.
2005-08-10: Your Journal will now display a very visible link to create a new entry - this is meant to help new users. You can get rid of this with the Style Editor.
2005-08-10: The Journals now supports OpenID! You can login using your Journal URL (e.g. http://journals.jevon.org/users/jevon/) into sites like LiveJournal and leave comments with your name. OpenID support is quite new, but tell me how it goes
2005-08-10: Added three new widgets: RSS Widget/MSN, RSS Widget/Yahoo and RSS Widget/Newsgator. Also, you can now access your RSS feed using http://journals.jevon.org/users/yourname/rss.
2005-08-01: Fixed the bug that would say "Also, the halt template didn't exist."
2005-08-01: I've added user contributions, Browse:A, and updated the home page. I've also made the Music wiki use cooler URL's .
2005-07-27: I've made some minor changes to the formatting around the Journals - if something starts playing up, let me know. Also, I've made a fully valid XHTML Style for use on the Journals.
2005-07-27: The Widget Editor now has links to help pages for the various Widgets available.
2005-07-11: I've added a Layout Editor - a simple way to import new styles. You can now share your Journal layouts using the Layout Editor for importing Journals Styles. Learn more about how to publish your styles too.
2005-07-11: All Journal home pages should now display an RSS link in Firefox or RSS-enabled browsers.
2005-06-30: Profile pages will now display a link to your "music tastes", which should be a personal wiki page on this music wiki.
2005-06-30: The Music Wiki now has Missing Pages, and pages can now be deleted - put your request in Requests for Deletion.
2005-06-29: You can now insert widgets into wiki pages - see Formatting for more information.
2005-06-29: The Music Wiki now automatically formats emoticons, so ;) will become , etc.
2005-06-29: Fixed a bug with e-mail addresses starting with emoticon characters would become mangled after smileys.
2005-06-24: The Music Wiki now has Statistics and Popular Requests, and multiple lyrics edit. Searching has also been fixed.
2005-04-23: You can now view your friends new entries in the "recent entries" section of the site. However, if the user has "don't display in new entries" selected, it still won't show up.
2005-04-23: Have added emoticons :ohdear:, :sore:
2005-05-08: Added the Entry Administration page, where you can apply changes to lots of entries at once (hide, show, etc.)
2005-05-08: The home page now displays the newest user joining the Journals.
2005-05-08: You can now upload GIF images (both static and dynamic). But remember that PNG is better!
2005-05-09: Have added the Your Home Page (view yours) feature, which is a customised home page just for the logged in user. Set it as your home page now
2005-05-09: Your profile now displays the number of Wiki pages that you have created/last edited.
2005-05-10: Have added a curse word filter option to both tagboards (selectable in the Widget Editor) and all your thoughts pages (selectable in Options Editor).
2005-05-10: I'm slowly starting to upgrade the visual quality of the error messages on the site.