21 September 2011
Thesis Draft Statistics
My thesis is slowly getting completed. Today I had a spare hour, so I decided to have a look at the bigger picture of the thesis in terms of statistics. There is a hard limit of 100,000 words for the thesis, and unfortunately mine is currently at 116,257... it looks like I have to do some serious editing work! (A lot of those words are from images, considered to be 250 words/image.)
To understand where I could most efficiently remove content, I made some statistics about the number of pages per chapter:
And also, the number of words per chapter:
It looks like I will have to do some serious editing in the Model chapter. These statistics are from the third draft of my thesis; I have one more iteration before I submit. I plan to submit in approximately four weeks time, and I'm pretty sure I can make it.
|Read Thoughts (1) -|