21 December 2007
I am sheep! Hear me baaaaah!
Friday 21 December 2007 - 9.00am
01. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Date someone younger than I.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, because I end up breaking them. So I save myself the guilt and just don't make any.
03. Did someone close to you give birth or father a child?
Not particularly close to me now, but in the past they were. There are quite a few of them who have had kids or are expecting quite soon. Actually, I think I'm pretty close to the only girl I know in my little social circle who doesn't have a kid or isn't pregnant....it's like a pandemic. That I just don't understand.
04. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Grandma died last January. And Tammy. (RIP)
05. What countries did you visit?
06. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Someone all to myself. Not going to happen though
07. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I first met Kevin.....the day he ended it.......the day(s) I got both my animals. The day I re-met K.02. If it weren't for blogging about it, I wouldn't remember the actual date at all. haha.
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
I actually stopped drinking so much. And I actually tried in school (fat lot of good that did me).
09. What was your biggest failure(s)?
Don't really want to say on here.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a couple of nasty colds. And if by illness you're including mental ones, then it's undiagnosed as of yet. Same with my insomnia.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My octopus lamp. Pretty much the entire apartments worth of furniture.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
phulley. Skittles K.02
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Um, no comment at this time is available. Kevin would be a safe bet though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Too much was spent on drugs, yet again. >_<
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Can't remember? Probably going to London.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2007?
Waaay too many. Anything by Michael Bublé, any country, Fall Out Boy and Tori Amos.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same, sad.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same, fat.
iii. richer or poorer? Much poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
First half, gone out more to friend's places. Second, spent more time going to school.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting all that time and energy on Kevin. Spending so much time on Facebook! lol.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the rest of my immediate family at a yoga retreat centre in Montreal. First time since I've moved out I'm spending it somewhere else than by myself, lazing around the house and sleeping. Weird.
21. How will you be spending New Year's?
Travelling back from Montreal, sleeping? Maybe with Skittles.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yeah. Twice? (my god, I'm a love-slut).
23. How many one-night stands?
Eh, tis none of your damn business.
24. What was your favourite TV program(s)?
Grey's, ER, Project Runway Canada/US, Friends....there's more but I can't be assed listing all of them.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Crap. Way too many. Getting Rid of Matthew, We Need To Talk About Kevin, Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood, The Phantom Tollbooth, and of course, my all time favourite - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Michael Bublé! Fall Out Boy, Tori Amos. um...can't remember the rest, it's been so long since I listened to any of my own music
28. What did you want and get?
Love. It was just with a different person than I originally expected.
29. What did you want and not get?
World peace, yo.
30. Favorite film of this year? Favorite film that was released this year?
There were so many movies I wanted to see that came out this year and didn't. Boo. Um...favourite movie of this year....Love & Basketball, Stranger Than Fiction, Pride & Prejudice, and Thank you for Smoking. I could watch those movies over and over. Love & Basketball never fails to make me tear up at the ending. It's so sweet.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 20. See this entry for what I did.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Personal fashion concept? There's such a thing? Lots of raggedy. Lots of black. Lots of v-neck shirts and sweaters.
34. What kept you sane?
penny. Skittles. phulley. Music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Eh. Jon Stewart.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
It's not a new issue (nor is it even that policital) but it continues to 'stir' me - the fact that people are discriminated against for their sexual orientation by not being allowed to give blood. Fuck you, Red Cross! Other than that....our stupid Mayor shutting down the SITE Van (they distributed safe inhalent kits)...and also, our INCREDIBLE DOOFUS of a Mayor deciding to continue on as Mayor AFTER he had been charged of bribery and something else under the Criminal Code in order to get his position.
37. Who do you miss?
Kevin, but I'm over that now. Kinda
38. Who was the best new person you met? On the internet or in person?
hahahaha. Internet; penny
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Any mark is better than zero so just start working it already.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You make me so hot
Make me wanna drop
You're so ridiculous
I can barely stop
I can hardly breathe
You make me wanna scream
You're so fabulous
You're so good to me Baby Baby"
Currently grooving to: Alicia Keys - No One
19 December 2007
Wednesday 19 December 2007 - 4.31pm
Pick up after Molly
Swiffer floor wherever you just picked up
1 load of dishes
Swiffer old bedroom floor until you see your reflection in it.
Take down all knicknacks from bedroom windowsill & wipe clean (by lordy, it's dirty under there).
Windex windows belonging to previously mentioned sill.
Swiffer living room
Windex balcony doors
Set up newly acquired dining table.
Pretty it up.
Clean off coffee table.
Wipe down outside of fridge.
Think of scrubbing out the inside of it, as well.
Install newly acquired blacklight over bar area (not as simple as it sounds...I have to find the screwdriver first).
Rearrange branches on newly acquired 2' tall silver fiber optic tree on newly acquired two tiered desk next to TV.
Set up all electronics (ps2, dvd player) on aforementioned desk.
Put litter box underneath desk.
Figure out what to do with newly acquired patio furniture, now in a corner of the living room.
Take out garbage.
Windex bathroom mirror.
Stop listening to Avril Lavigne's "Hot" on repeat.
Put up posters on walls not belonging to bedroom.
Think longingly of Shawn's newly acquired absoutely GIGANTIC Japanese inspired fan, and how good it would look on either wall of living room.
Take frequent smoke breaks.
Take frequent MSN breaks.
Sweep, then swiffer, bathroom floor.
Put newly acquired computer chair in old bedroom.
Find every toy spring and mouse belonging to the animals and put in basket next to balcony doors.
Stop listening to Avril Lavigne's "Hot" on repeat already.
Do NOT dip into newly acquired alcohol supply.
Debate seriously whether or not to put 36 to 48 beer bottles in a bag and send them down the garbage chute.
Also think seriously of searching for and setting up Christmass-ey lights somewhere in the general vinicity.
Blast a cheesy 90's song inspired Fitness Dance Routine Mix. Commence dancing around the apartment.
Stop blogging about everything you have to do and start doing it.
Currently grooving to: Avril Lavigne - Hot
14 December 2007
Friday 14 December 2007 - 11.03pm
Isn't she cute?
Currently grooving to: Madonna – Causing A Commotion (Soundtrack Album Version)
9 December 2007
A little too spontaneous, maybe?
Sunday 9 December 2007 - 11.28pm
i have a puppy, dudes.
must prepare for a long, long night full of whimpers and whines.....Edit: Actually, she's now passed right out with her head on my foot. While I think this is adorable, my smokes aren't within reaching distance.....and I'm afraid to move my foot
Oh! I need name suggestions! Female, mostly black with white patch on upper chest, white paws, thin white strip on face, and the very tip of her tail is white. However, going with the theme here, I'm thinking Monroe?
PS: Elvis is so really not impressed with me right now.
Currently grooving to: Miranda Lambert – Me and Charlie Talking
- No entries yet; why not write one?